Thursday, November 22, 2007

Here I Go Again!!!

Here I go again!!! I signed of for yet another KAL. This shawl/capelet is so beautiful. I do not have my yarn yet. I would love to spin my own however, with the holidays and the fact I'm in so many other KALs I don't know that I could get that much spun up very quick. Oh, I'm a relatively new spinner as well, since about March 07. I do believe I will be using a fingering weight. I've been knitting with all these lace weights I think a fingering would be a delightful change. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Guess I should introduce myself huh? I am a 50 year old Kentucky gal. We live in the Corvette Capital, Bowling Green, KY. In fact I can see the Corvette Museum from my front porch. I have been married to the same man for 30 years and we have three children, 29m, 27f, & 23m.
Most importantly I have the cutest little 5 year old granddaughter, Emma Belle. Her picture can be found plastered all over my blog. :)

I learned to knit when I was in the 4th grade via 4-H. But I was very frustrated with it and didn't pick it back up until I was in my 30's. I have always crafted in some manner, needlepoint, cross-stitch, crochet, sewing, etc. However, in the last 5 years I have become totally obsessed with knitting. First it was socks, socks, socks. Now it seems to be lace, lace, lace. I love it.

1 comment:

knitabulous said...

Welcome Peggy! I find myself knitting lace, lace, lace too - it's very addictive!

Looking forward to seeing your progress on the shawl.